Built in 1872, the building currently known as the Goulbourn Museum used to be the old Town Hall. Despite being the size of a one-room school house this popular community hub was home to council meetings, parties and dances. The adjacent History Centre building was built in 1961 and was the former Clerks building. Now it is used to store the artefact collection, as office space, and to hold meetings and research appointments.
The Goulbourn Museum is home to interactive and hands-on exhibitions such as The 100th Regiment of Foot about the soldiers who settled Goulbourn Township in 1818 after the War of 1812-1814; The Village Store where kids can dress up as pioneers and shop or barter for supplies; as well as exhibits about early Goulbourn settlers, the communities in the Township, and local services. The Museum is located just south of Stittsville at Stanley’s Corners.